The thing I love the most about this form of writing is, not only do I get to make a little money covering sports, but the interaction I get to have with other sports fans. It’s why I want to do this, and why I pick the things I do to cover. It is in that spirit that I will start the one and only staple I hope to start here at AtlAllDay.com, ‘Barry’s Bold Predictions.’ Every Sunday morning, I will get on here, and post my guesses at what will happen, or I want to see happen, in the upcoming week. I encourage you to join in the conversation and give us YOUR predictions as well. The only thing you have to do is sign up with disqus to comment. It takes two seconds, and you can even skip all the signing up stuff simply by signing in with Facebook. (This reminds me, click that link and like our page!).
– Whether the Baltimore Ravens win or lose, the first commercial following the final play of the Super Bowl will feature Ray Lewis endorsing Royal Velvet Pure Deer Antler Spray.
– On the day after the Super Bowl (aka the National Day of Hangovers), reports will surface that Beyonce was actually lip syncing during the half time performance. Later reports will reveal the voice she was lip syncing to belongs to Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.
– After losing his Super Bowl bet with Baltimore mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake (yet another bold prediction), San Francisco mayor Edwin Lee will have to spend the rest of the week living in the East Baltimore projects from HBO series The Wire.
– No recruit will pretend to put on a hat of one school, only to grab one of another before signing their letters of intent, causing everyone in sports to have nothing to tweet about.
- San Francisco corner back Chris Culliver will get himself into even more trouble while trying to rehab his image by celebrating ‘Wave All Of Your Fingers At Your Neighbor Day’ (it’s real, look it up) with his fellow San Franciscans. The problem is, he gets confused and just waves one.
– After a week of reflecting on the newly elected NFL Hall of Fame members, the press will take the honor back from Jonathon Ogden, releasing a statement saying, “We sincerely apologize to Mr. Ogden, but it turns out half of our voters thought they were voting for the guy from Blindside.”
– Alistair Overeem will finally wake up from the whooping Antonio Silva put on him, then immediately get a movie deal to play BA Baracus in the next A Team movie. (Just kidding Rampage, I still love you).
And those are my bold predictions for the week of February 3 through 9. It’s your turn. You don’t have to post every day, just leave us one in the comments, or hit us up on twitter – @AtlAD_Fansided and we just may use it next week.