Oct 3, 2013; Atlanta, GA, USA; An Atlanta Braves fan cheers during game one of the National League divisional series playoff baseball game against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Turner Field. The Dodgers won 6-1. Mandatory Credit: Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports

Cobb County Commission Chairman Predicts Unanimous Vote On Atlanta Braves Stadium

According to The Marietta Daily Journal, the chairman of the Cobb County commission is expecting a vote that is unanimously in favor of the Atlanta Braves new stadium plans in Cobb County. From Jon Gillooly of the MDJ:

MARIETTA — County Chairman Tim Lee on Thursday released the details of how the county and Atlanta Braves would pay for a $672 million stadium that would serve as the Braves new home beginning in 2017.

Lee said he believes all commissioners will vote in favor of the 30-year “memorandum of understanding” at the board’s Nov. 26 meeting.

This doesn’t come as a huge surprise, considering the confidence the Atlanta Braves have had from the beginning of  the announcement. It’s definitely worth a read to check out the whole story, because the details of this project are starting to unfold.

It looks like the Braves are going to be paying more than most people initially thought at 55 percent of the $672 million total cost. The story also describes how Cobb County is planning on financing the other 45 percent, and that will be key to the entire plan.

Stay tuned for more information on the stadium story as it breaks!

Tags: Atlanta Braves Cobb County

comments powered by Disqus