Good morning, Atlanta sports fans. I apologize for the past two days of missing sports headlines. I had three final exams here at UNC and simply didn’t have the time to do them (I know, weak excuse right?). Please forgive me and enjoy today’s links from around the web:
- The latest news around Braves camp is that the team is trying to re-sign Eric O’Flaherty. I didn’t originally see this as a fit but as more time goes by it seems more and more likely that this could happen. I sure hope he’s not getting more than $4 million dollars to come back though.
- DOB writes about how the Braves are planning to fix B.J Upton and Dan Uggla during the off season. Best of luck Mr. Walker.
- Apparently, Boise State is interesting in hiring Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter. Jeff Schultz has the full story ($).
- Wisely, Koetter isn’t saying a whole lot about the interview that he’s had with the University.
- Like most games, Chris Vivlamore has his “three-keys” piece up. This time he looks at the reasons for the Hawks’ loss to the Thunder.
- Vivlamore’s also got a story about the progress of John Jenkins and Dennis Schroder in the Developmental League.
- In Perfect Game’s Top 25 preseason rankings, the Bulldogs are sitting pretty(ish) at No. 19.
- Four football players were named to the All-SEC coaches team.
- Yellow Jacked Up has a story about Ole Miss opening as the favorites in the Music City Bowl.
- Dalton Keene of the same site wonders if Vad Lee has the potential to be a Heisman candidate at some point. I’m not buying that.
Yesterday From ATL All Day
- Brad writes that poor shooting was the reason for the Hawks’ loss to the Thunder.
- I recapped a bit of the Braves news that popped up on Twitter, including Jason Heyward being named the lead off hitter for next season, and Even Gattis being named the starting catcher.
- Brad offered his opinion on the Koetter/Boise news.
- And he also talked about the early spread for the Georgia-Nebraska game in the Gator Bowl. The Bulldogs opened as a 9-point favorite.