Earlier today the Atlanta Braves release brand new design images of the future stadium in Cobb County on twitter:
— New Braves Ballpark (@homeofthebraves) May 14, 2014
You can check out the link in the tweet above to see all of the details on their new ballpark website, but I’ll highlight some of the more notable things for you below.
- 500 residences in the site complex
- an abundance of green space to create a park-like setting
- main street with stores open year round
- 41,500 seats
- higher percentage of seats closer to the field than any other MLB park (whatever that means)
- air conditioning on every level
- Chop House in right field that overlooks the field and the plaza
- mini-field kid zone beside the ballpark
- water feature with fountains that “perform” after a homer and/or victory
Aside from the performing fountains, all of this sounds pretty cool and I’d highly encourage you all to go and check out all the new images. The park’s obviously not going to look like a painting when it’s all said and done, but this is the best thing we’ve got at the moment and gives fans a much better idea of what they have to look forward to.