Atlanta Sports News: Friday Afternoon Roundup


Here at ATL All Day, we cannot deliver all of the news, but we’ll endeavor to bring you the best highlights, the cream of the crop, the bee’s knees in Atlanta Sports News. Enjoy! 

Atlanta Sports News – Georgia Bulldogs

The Telegraph

Atlanta Sports News – ATL All Day Editorial Note: Be sure and check out our own preview, but then you might want to check out what Seth Emerson of The Telegraph has to say as well about tonight’s Georgia vs South Carolina game. Read up!

It’s old nemesis South Carolina again for Georgia

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Georgia will have a third chance to beat South Carolina, thanks to a crazy finish gave the Gamecocks an improbable victory over Ole Miss."

Atlanta Sports News – Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

The Telegraph

Atlanta Sports News – ATL All Day Editorial Note: Late news is better than no news, and we apologize for our shoddy coverage of Tech news these days. We’ve made some staff transitions lately, but we’ll be all over all news soon. Check out Aaron Beard’s report on the Tech loss to Boston College in the ACC Tournament. 

Boston College beats Georgia Tech 66-65 in ACC tournament

"GREENSBORO, N.C. — Olivier Hanlan came through with another big moment at the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament, keeping Boston College alive for one more game while giving Georgia Tech another painfully familiar finish."

More from ATL All Day

Atlanta Sports News – Atlanta Falcons

NBC Sports – Pro Football Talk

Atlanta Sports News – ATL All Day Editorial Note: Amid a bevy of moves by the Atlanta Falcons to shore up their defense (few huge), a report by Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk indicates that next in line to talk to the Falcons is safety Darian Stewart. Check out the report.

Darian Stewart meeting with Falcons on Friday

"Safety Darian Stewart paid a visit to the Broncos on Thursday, but that won’t be the only stop on his free agent tour.Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that Stewart is going ahead with his scheduled Friday meeting with the Falcons. The five-year vet spent the first four years of his career in St. Louis before moving to the Ravens for the 2014 season."

Atlanta Sports News – Atlanta Braves


Atlanta Sports News – ATL All Day Editorial Note: Elite shortstop Andrelton Simmons has had to sit out this spring with dings, but is ready to go now and going smoothly! Check out the report by MLB’s Adam Berry.

Andrelton makes smooth transition back into action

"TAMPA, Fla. — When Andrelton Simmons told manager Fredi Gonzalez on Monday that he was feeling good enough to play, Gonzalez knew his young shortstop was ready — or, rather, he knew his young shortstop well enough to wait a few more days before writing his name on the lineup card."

Atlanta Sports News – Atlanta Hawks

The Sports Quotient

Atlanta Sports News – ATL All Day Editorial Note: I couldn’t have said this better myself, but I love the subject and focus of Brandon Boyd’s article on The Sports Quotient – DeMarre Carroll. Check out Brandon’s thoughts on Atlanta’s Forgotten Man.

Atlanta’s Forgotten Man

"Much was made about the selection of four Atlanta Hawks’ players to the NBA’s All-Star Game. Jeff Teague, Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Kyle Korver represented 80% of Atlanta’s starting lineup that entered the All-Star Break with a 43-11 record. DeMarre Carroll was the forgotten man in that group, the other 20% who stayed home while his four other starters and even his coach joined the All-Star festivities."

Next: Georgia vs. South Carolina: SEC Quarterfinal Revenge?