Oct 24, 2015; Chapel Hill, NC, USA; North Carolina Tar Heels quarterback Marquise Williams (12)with the ball as Virginia Cavaliers linebacker Mark Hall (59) defends at Kenan Memorial Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports
North Carolina Tar Heels 6-1
Last week: 26-13 win over UVA
Last rank: 1st
By virtue of another victory, the North Carolina Tar Heels remain atop of the ACC Coastal Power Rankings. Though Duke or Pittsburgh has an argument to lay claim to the top spot in the rankings, both teams won at the last minute, while North Carolina took care of its business against a team it was supposed to beat.
Quarterback Marquise Williams led the Tar Heels with 226 yards passing, while RB Elijah Hood starred for North Carolina, rushing for 2 touchdowns. Gene Chizik’s defense forced 5 turnovers against the Wahoos. The Tar Heels have an important matchup for supremacy of the division on Thursday, as they travel to Heinz Field to face the Pittsburgh Panthers.
More from ATL All Day
- Atlanta Braves: Felix Has Already Shown Enough to Win a Rotation Spot
- Atlanta Braves Implode Late To Phillies, Cole Hamels Remains Sidelined
- Kyle Wright Shines As Folty Struggles In Atlanta Braves Loss To Red Sox
- Atlanta Hawks Sweep Back-to-Back Games Over Weekend
- Atlanta Braves: Grapefruit League Play Check Up