3. C/WR/PR/KR- Mecole Hardman Jr.
There might not be a more explosive player on the UGA roster than this former 5 star recruit from Elbert County. Mecole Hardman Jr. will get his shots in 2017 to make an impact in games, and in all three phases of the game (Offense, Defense, Special teams), but it is on Defense where Georgia needs him most, arguably.
More from ATL All Day
- Atlanta Braves: Felix Has Already Shown Enough to Win a Rotation Spot
- Atlanta Braves Implode Late To Phillies, Cole Hamels Remains Sidelined
- Kyle Wright Shines As Folty Struggles In Atlanta Braves Loss To Red Sox
- Atlanta Hawks Sweep Back-to-Back Games Over Weekend
- Atlanta Braves: Grapefruit League Play Check Up
There has been lots of attrition in the Secondary since last year, and Hardman’s unique skill set could be used, if he’s ready to come on. Lots of fans grumbled last year about not seeing him on the field more, and they’ll get their chance this year. But Hardman has to make strides as a Boundary Corner. Listed at 5-11, he is smaller than the ideal Corner in Kirby Smart’s Defense, but his speed, hands, and ability to cover in space, make him indispensable. If he can flash that this Spring, Mecole Hardman Jr. could be a household name by 2018.