The Masters Golf Tournament tees off tomorrow, and the winner’s life will forever change. In one of sports’ toughest tests, the following 10 factors will choose the 2017 champion.
2. Spieth’s Head.
Jordan Spieth is the most popular player on the PGA Tour. He’s got that “All-American”, awe-shucks, “who me?” type thing going on. The thing is he really is that guy, by all accounts. But the reason he is the fan favorite is what he did at Augusta.
Spieth won two majors in the same year in a “Tiger-esque” way. Way too young, and with only a couple of years of tour experience, he dominated and smiled the entire way. In his three years playing The Masters, he has finished 2nd, 1st, and 2nd. No one has ever done that.
But it’s that last 2nd that matters. Spieth blew a 5 stroke lead going to the back nine on Sunday in 2016. He did the one thing you cant: Take a big number at 12.
Can Jordan Spieth conquer those demons? He missed the cut last week in Houston. That isn’t good. But the game is in there. Can he let his muscle memory flex the mind, or will that memory haunt him for another year? Lots of pressure. Lots of glory to be had.
More from ATL All Day
- Atlanta Braves: Felix Has Already Shown Enough to Win a Rotation Spot
- Atlanta Braves Implode Late To Phillies, Cole Hamels Remains Sidelined
- Kyle Wright Shines As Folty Struggles In Atlanta Braves Loss To Red Sox
- Atlanta Hawks Sweep Back-to-Back Games Over Weekend
- Atlanta Braves: Grapefruit League Play Check Up