The Masters Golf Tournament tees off tomorrow, and the winner’s life will forever change. In one of sports’ toughest tests, the following 10 factors will choose the 2017 champion.
6. International Players.
The emergence, and quasi-domination, of international golf on the PGA Tour is something recent. Until just a couple of years ago, this writer, and others, lamented the state of U.S. golf. But that has never been the case at The Masters. International players have always succeeded here, and do so regularly. Danny Willett (ENG) is the reigning champion.
With the weather up in the first couple of days, it will be interesting to see how and which players can adjust. The European players are certainly accustomed to those predicted conditions. Can they play this course under those conditions? Maybe. But one thing is always certain. The international golf world, and their best players, show up for this tournament. They will this year.
More from ATL All Day
- Atlanta Braves: Felix Has Already Shown Enough to Win a Rotation Spot
- Atlanta Braves Implode Late To Phillies, Cole Hamels Remains Sidelined
- Kyle Wright Shines As Folty Struggles In Atlanta Braves Loss To Red Sox
- Atlanta Hawks Sweep Back-to-Back Games Over Weekend
- Atlanta Braves: Grapefruit League Play Check Up